To address this issue, perform the following steps before installing or upgrading:
- Check if the port 6000 is being used (“netstat -a | grep 6000”)
- If so, you should disable the graphics console login process on the Linux server. This can be accomplished by logging in as root and issuing the following commands:
- Find the process that uses port 6000 by the command “lsof -i TCP:6000”.
- Use “kill -9” to abort the process found in the previous step
- Confirm that nothing is listening at port 6000 (“netstat -a | grep 6000”)
- Modify /etc/inittab by changing “id:5:initdefault:” to “id:3:initdefault:”
- Run “/sbin/init 3” to restart dtlogin